Applications & Forms
For more information on the application process, documents, etc., please visit our Applying page. To view application documents and helpful resources, please view our Forms and Resources page.
Per Executive Order 18, vital records will be issued only if all the following criteria are met:
- A completed application, fully identifying the record, with all pertinent information, is submitted.
- The applicant presents proof of their relationship to the subject of the record.
- The applicant presents an acceptable ID per New Jersey State regulations
- Applicant pays the appropriate fee ($15 per copy). We accept cash, money order or check. Make checks payable to “Township of Toms River.”
- If applying by mail, enclose a self-addressed stamped envelope along with the application, copies of ID and the applicable fee.
- Please note incomplete requests, received by mail, will be returned to the applicant.
Third-Party Representation (Lawyers, Executors) or non-eligible persons must also provide one of the following:
- Legal documentation (Surrogate’s Certificate or Court Order)
- A notarized letter from the eligible person, allowing the certificate to be released to the third-party. (The third-party must present their acceptable, valid and current identification.)