The mission of the Public Information Office is to nourish good citizenship by promoting and earning public trust; to provide leadership and high quality service by consistently communicating with citizens about their needs and aspirations; to work with all Council members, the Mayor and all Township departments so that procedures, programs and events within the government can be properly reported to the public; and to provide emergency communications in the event of a disaster to the citizens of Toms River.
All requests from media outlets should be routed through the Public Information Office.
View Press Releases
The function of the Public Information Office is to provide, plan, and organize programs and services designed to inform the public and to generate support from the public for local government. The office works with each department to plan and promote special events and coordinate the release of daily news through press releases, the Township website, as well as social media pages.
- Press Release 12.3.19 Monmouth Presentation
- Press Release Poseidon Talk Series 12.6.19 (PDF)
- Press Release 4.3.19 Wyland Challenge
- Press Release 4.9.19 (PDF)
- Rock the River Press Release 4.16.19
- Food Fest 2019 Press Release
- Press Release Community Garden 5.2.19 (PDF)
- Press Release Clean Communities Grant 6.11.19 (PDF)
- Press Release 6.12.19 Historic Preservation Commission (PDF)
- Press Release Micro Enterprise Grant 6.18.19 (PDF)
- Toms River Shakespeare Festival 7.8.19 (PDF)
- Press Release Poseidon Series 7.10.19 (PDF)
- Press Release After School Program 7.22.19 (PDF)
- Press Release Poseidon Academy 9.12.19 (PDF)
- Press Release Halloween 2019 10.1.19 (PDF)
- Press Release 10.1.19 Animal Shelter (PDF)
- Toms River 2019 Green Fair Press Release (PDF)
- Press Release Poseidon Series 10.15.19 (PDF)
- Press Release Operation BBQ Relief 10.24.19 (PDF)
- Press Release Veterans Day Parade 2019 (PDF)
- Press Release MicroEnterprise Grant 11.13.19 (PDF)
- Preventing Conflicts with Wild Turkeys (PDF)
With winter weather here, SUEZ is asking both residential and business customers to take appropriate action to protect their water pipes. Read on...
Beginning this month, Toms River Township’s new mayor, Maurice “Mo” Hill, will hold a series of monthly “Meet the Mayor” events in Town Hall. Read on...