Developmental Disabilities Committee
The Toms River Mayor’s Advisory Committee on Developmental Disabilities advocates for the education, servicing, medical equality, employment and integration of people with developmental disabilities. The committee serves as a voice to Mayor Hill and the Township Council Members on actions that will improve the lives of Toms River residents. The committee creates an events flyer every month advertising happenings going on in the area and provide sensory friendly quiet areas at select events around the town.
2020 Meeting Dates
*All meetings are held in the L. Manuel Hirshblond Room, 2nd Floor Town Hall, 33 Washington Street, Toms River, NJ, at 6:30 p.m. unless otherwise noted.
Virtual Meeting Wednesday, June 24th, 2020, 6:30 p.m.
You can also dial in using your phone.
(For supported devices, tap a one-touch number below to join instantly.)
United States: +1 (571) 317-3122
- One-touch: tel:+15713173122,,752675733#
Access Code: 752-675-733
New to GoToMeeting? Get the app now and be ready when your first meeting starts: https://global.gotomeeting.com/install/752675733
|January 29||February 26 (Lomell Room)|
|March 25||April 29|
|May 27 (virtual meeting)||June 24|
|July 29||August 26|
|September 30||October 28|
|November 18||December 30|
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
- Leigh Simpson, Committee Chair
- Christine Matus, Committee Vice-Chair
- Megan Miller, Committee Secretary
- James Barberi, Advocate
- Alice Belanger, Self-Advocate
- Keri Britske, Organization Representative - CMC
- Cindy Conley, Representative - First Children Services
- Martha Cray, Advocate
- Cara Graham, Representative - Graham Behavior Services
- Diane Hutton-Rose, Organization Representative - 21 Plus
- Veronica Maier, Organization Representative - TRSchools
- Chelsea Martin, Representative - Navigation Support Coordination
- Jessica Nylen, Organization Representative - OCHD
- Deborah O’Chat- Family Resource Network
- Paul Perillo, Advocate
- Adam Silversmith, Representative - Toms River Youth Services
- Leigh Simpson, Advocate
- Judith Strollo, Advocate
- Patrick Sweeney, Organization Representative - Children’s Specialized Hospital
- Jane Tallmann, Family Advocate
- Elisa Velazquez- Ocean Pediatric Dental Association
- Gary Weitzen, Organization Representative - POAC Autism Services