To report complaints about electric or gas utilities: Call the state
Board of Public Utilities: 800-624-0241 or 609-341-9188.

To report possible consumer fraud or price gouging by contractors or
others: State law makes excessive price increases illegal during a state
of emergency and for 30 days following the end of the emergency. Call the
state Division of Consumer Affairs at 862-209-0130 or 973-220-3474.

 For nonimmediate health matters or other assistance: Call 211 or go
online at for help with nonemergency issues, including basic
needs and support for seniors, people with disabilities, children or
mental health issues.

 To file a claim with the Federal Emergency Management Agency: Call
800-621-FEMA (800-621-3362). Make sure you register with FEMA. A printable
form is here: pdf/091211_dr4021_ application.pdf.

To report a downed electrical line: Contact your local energy provider.
Be prepared to give the nearest cross street or the number of a nearby
pole that has not been damaged and is away from any downed wires; the pole
number can be found on the metal tag attached to the pole. PSE&G is
800-436-7734; Jersey Central Power & Light (JCP&L) is 800-662-3115;
Atlantic City Electric is 800-642-3780.

 To report a gas leak: Contact your local gas provider. New Jersey
Natural Gas: 800-427-5325; PSE&G: 800-436-7734.

 To file an insurance claim, if you can¹t find the company or agent¹s
number: Call the state Department of Banking and Insurance at 800-446-7467
or go to




Mailing Address:
Post Office Box 728,
Toms River, New Jersey 08754-0728
Town Hall located at:
33 Washington Street
Toms River, New Jersey 08753