Disaster assistance to New Jersey survivors of Superstorm Sandy by the numbers as of August 5:
Total Federal Assistance: $5.5 billion
- $3.5 billion in total National Flood Insurance Program payments made on claims to date
- $409.2 million in FEMA grants disbursed for individuals and households
- o$352.4 million for housing assistance
- o$56.8 million for other needs
- $810.5 in SBA disaster loans approved for homeowners, renters and businesses
- $804 million obligated in FEMA Public Assistance grants to state agencies, local communities and certain private nonprofit organizations that serve the public
- 261,880 people contacted FEMA for help or information
- 126,877 housing inspections completed
Individuals can check on the status of their applications at DisasterAssistance.gov, via smartphone or tablet at m.fema.gov, or by calling 800-621-3362 or TTY 800-462-7585. Those who use 711-Relay or Video Relay Services can call 800-621-3362.
Survivors can ask questions about their SBA disaster home or business loan applications by calling
800-659-2955 or TTY 800-877-8339 or emailing email@example.com.
Survivors who have questions about their flood insurance claims and the appeals process can call