TRENTON, N.J. – Your home has been damaged and you want to get it back to where it was before Hurricane Sandy. Or, maybe you’re looking to rebuild and need smart ideas on how to make your next home stronger and safer than your last. Knowledgeable and reliable advice will be available at a nearby home improvement store.
Hazard mitigation specialists from FEMA will be on-site to answer your questions and help you rebuild stronger, safer and smarter. They provide information on building techniques that reduce the potential for damage to your home, business and property from future disasters.
Besides answering your questions, they will offer other home improvement tips and techniques:
- Proper mold and mildew clean-up,
- Flood- and wind-resistant building methods,
- Wind straps,
- Flood insurance,
- Suggestions to make homes stronger and safer,
- Retrofitting buildings, and
- Elevating utilities.
Free publications on these topics are available and there is no charge to talk with the specialists.
FEMA specialists are available at the following home improvement stores daily from
Wednesday, November 28 until Monday, December 3, 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.:
- Atlantic County – Home Depot #975, 421 Absecon Blvd, Absecon 08201
- Hudson County – Home Depot #6845, 180 Twelfth Street, Jersey City 07310
- Hudson County – Lowe’s #2676, 400 Bayonne Crossing Way, Bayonne 07002
- Monmouth County – Home Depot #907, 310 Highway 36, West Long Branch 07764
- Ocean County – Home Depot #920, 1334 Lakewood Road, Toms River 08755
- Middlesex County – Lowe’s #1658, 51 Woodbridge Center Drive, Woodbridge 07095
- Union County – Lowe’s #1939, 1721 Morris Avenue, Union 07083
Additional sites and dates will be announced soon.
FEMA's mission is to support our citizens and first responders to ensure that as a nation we work together to build, sustain, and improve our capability to prepare for, protect against, respond to, recover from, and mitigate all hazards.
The social media links provided are for reference only. FEMA does not endorse any non-government websites, companies or applications.