Rebuilding After Hurricane Sandy
Stronger. Safer. Smarter.
Know your updated flood risk
- Visit www.Region2Coastal.com for information about Advisory Base Flood Elevations, find answers to frequently asked questions, and learn tips to rebuild better and safer.
- Under the Hurricane Sandy tab, click “What is my ABFE?”
- Enter your property’s address to determine your property’s advisory flood zone and elevation for rebuilding.
- If you need additional assistance, contact 1-800-427-4661 or use the online form at www.Region2Coastal.com.
- Contact your local floodplain manager or building official for information about local building code and permit requirements, and to find out what permits will be required.
- Discuss with your builder or contractor the options for elevating your home.
- Discuss with your insurance agent the options for flood insurance coverage and ways to maximize the discounts on your flood insurance premium.
For more information
- To learn more about the National Flood Insurance Program or to find an insurance agent, visit www.FloodSmart.gov or call 1-888-229-0437.
- To learn more about how to build safer and stronger and potentially decrease your flood insurance premiums, download the FEMA Building Science Resources to Assist with Reconstruction After Hurricane Sandy fact sheet by visiting www.fema.gov/library/viewRecord.do?id=6651.
- To learn about hazard mitigation grants that may be made available through your community to mitigate or elevate your home, visit www.fema.gov/hazard-mitigation-assistance.