Mayor Kelaher cannot stress enough that people have to register with FEMA as their first step to receiving assistance.
There are four ways to apply for assistance:
- Go in person to the regional DRC (Disaster Recovery Center) at Civic Plaza 260 Chambersbridge Rd. Brick NJ 08723 or you can go to the new FEMA site located at 935 Fischer Boulevard in the Bellcrest Plaza.
- Apply Online at DisasterAssistance.gov
- Apply via a smartphone at m.fema.gov
- Apply by Phone:
- Call (800) 621-3362.
- Call TTY (800) 462-7585 for people with speech or hearing disabilities.
When you apply for disaster assistance please have the following available:
• Social Security Number (including your spouse's)
• Private insurance information, if available
• Address and zip code of the damaged property
• Directions to the damaged home or property
• Daytime telephone number
• A telephone number where we can reach you or leave a message
• An address where you can get mail
• If you want your disaster assistance funds sent directly to your bank,
provide the FEMA agent with your bank account type (savings/checking),
account number and routing number.
Disaster recovcery assistance for eligible recipients is available without regard to race, color, gender, religion,
national origin, age, disability, English proficiency or economic status.