The Parks and Recreation Department conducts a Christmas tree recycling program each January. Residents should recycle Christmas trees by taking them to any one of the following locations through January. The trees will be made into wood chips rather than being added to the landfill thus saving landfill tipping fees.
· Skyview Park (Vaughn Avenue)
· Riverwood Park (Riverwood Avenue)
· Silverton Park (Maine Street)
· Bayside Park (Bay Blvd., Ortley)
· Bey Lea Park (Tennis Court and Parking Lot)
· Chadwick Beach Park (Strickland Blvd.)
· Money Island Park (Longfellow Avenue)
· Winding River Park - South (Off Rt. 37 West)
· Toms River Township Recycling Center (Church Road)
The Public Works Department will collect Christmas trees after the Parks & Recreation recycling program is completed. From January 16th through February 2nd, Public Works will collect Christmas trees. Place the trees at the curb for collection. After February 2nd, all trees must be dropped off at our Recycling Convenience Center on Church Road.